Yes.. its an old church

Just around the corner from Newark Castle lies the beautiful historic Grade 2 listed building Old Christ Church.

The original Christ Church was erected on the North side of Lombard Street in 1836 to 1937 headed by architect J.D. Paine.

The Bishop of Southwell Rt Reverend Russell Barry held the last service in the Old Christ Church on 13th October 1957, it was then declared redundant in 1962 and was rented out for use as commercial premises to fund the upkeep of its successor, Newark Christ Church on Boundary Road.